Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Jonas Bros For Captain America? Noooooo!

Excuse us while we rant.

The latest geek gossip doing the rounds on the interweb suggests that Disney puppets the Jonas Brothers (well, two of 'em) could be in the running to star in the latest Marvel comic book adaptation, Captain America.

According to Hollywire, Joe (the pouty one) and Kevin (the tall one) Jonas have already read lines and are being considered for parts - including the lead.

Pur-lease!

Apparently Kevin was more natural, but more auditions need to take place before decisions are made.

My Best Friends' Girl actor Dane Cook also revealed he's up for the part via Twitter, while John Krasinski (The Office), Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl) and Mike Vogel (Cloverfield) are believed to be the remaining candidates for the role after Michael Cassidy and Scott Porter admitted that they were out of the running last week.

Casting the part badly could be disastrous for comic book fans everywhere, not to mention Disney who recently acquired the rights to the Marvel properties. What next? Miley Cyrus as Wonder Woman? Zac Effron as Spider-Man? Actually, that isn't such a bad idea.

Z-Fron (no?) has revealed that he'd love to don the red and blue lycra and take over from Tobey Maguire. The actor told MTV: "It would be a dream come true."

He continued: "I've got to be honest I don't know if it's a reality. I can't really say. I've been a fan of Spider-Man since I remember being six-years-old and tearing up in that comic book. I could never get enough. I think it would be an honour. I would tear it up."

'Course you would Zac.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive