Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Stephenie Meyer Pens New Novella


Twilight author and all-round Geeky Girls goddess Stephenie Meyer is set to publish a new novella (that's short story to you and us) about a vampire briefly introduced in Eclipse.

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner will tell the story of Victoria's newborn vampire army as they prepare to attack Bella and the Cullens.

The novella is being published for charity and will release at 12.01am on the 5th June. $1 from each sale will be donated to the American Red Cross International Response Fund.
And, as an extra special treat, from the 7th June to the 5th July, fans will be able to read the book for free online at www.breetanner.com.

On her official site Stephenie, who considers the novella a gift to devoted fans (why thank you Stephenie!), revealed that the story was something she'd started working on while editing Eclipse: "I never intended to publish this story as a stand-alone book. I began this story a long time ago—before Twilight was even released. 

"Back then I was just editing Eclipse, and in the thick of my vampire world. I was thinking a lot about the newborns, imagining their side of the story, and one thing led to another. I started writing from Bree's perspective about those final days, and what it was like to be a newborn.

"This story was something that I worked on off and on for a while, just for fun, in between the times I was writing or editing other Twilight novels. I really hope you all enjoy this story. I had a blast writing it. I'm glad that after all this time cooling her heels in my files, Bree finally gets her chance to shine."

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg, director David Slade, and actors Xavier Samuel (Riley), Bryce Dallas Howard (Victoria), and Jodelle Ferland (Bree) were all allowed to read 'Bree Tanner' before cameras rolled to better understand the characters so it'll be interesting to see the impact this short story has on the big screen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive