Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Karen Gillan Reveals Doctor Who Romance

Say it ain't so Steven Moffat.

New Doctor Who companion Karen Gillan has revealed that there's a spark of romance between her character Amy Pond and Matt Smith's Doctor.

“There is kissing. It is fair to say she is attracted to the Doctor," the actress told Grazia magazine. "I don't think she's in love with him. She's not this love sick puppy following him around. It will pan out as you watch the series.

"She has a love for him, a really deep love for him. But not romantic.
Hmm... here's hoping that we won't have to sit through yet another Doctor-companion-the universe love triangle.

Karen has also revealed a little more about her character, explaining Amy's preference for teeny-tiny skirts.

"This Doctor is pretty good. As, I've said, is Amy. She gets to wear all these small skirts, which I will admit was very cold, but also very cool.

"They originally wanted to put me in trousers, but I did say I'd like to wear a skirt because - you'll understand when you watch it. Actually I think I love Amy. I'm in love with her. I want to be her.

"Amy's a sassy lady, funny and passionate, and her relationship with The Doctor has a really interesting dynamic."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive