Monday, April 19, 2010

Matt Smith To Star In The Sarah Jane Adventures

The BBC has announced plans for 11th Doctor Matt Smith to star in an upcoming episode of The Sarah Jane Adventures.

In the two-part story, penned by former Doctor Who boss Russell T. Davies, the Doctor will be reunited with Sarah Jane (Elisabeth Sladen) and fellow former companion Jo Grant (Katy Manning).

"It's a fantastic script and I can't wait to work with another Doctor and hope Matt has fun with us," said Sladen. "I've known Katy for ages and I am delighted to be working with her. I last met her in LA but this time we will be in Cardiff. LA was good but Cardiff is better."

Manning, who appeared alongside Third Doctor Jon Pertwee from 1971 to 1973, added: "Playing Jo Grant again is something I never really considered. I was gobsmacked when they told me and I am over the moon. What an incredible little treat."

Nikki Wilson, co-executive producer said: "Viewers are in for a real treat, with an action-packed story, full of Russell's usual wit and warmth, which takes the gang inside a secret base beneath Snowdon and introduces brand new vulture aliens, the mysterious Shansheeth. All this, plus a trip to an alien planet - a first for The Sarah Jane Adventures."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive